Chocolate Whoopie Pie Cake
(This is a recipe my mother found in an old church cookbook when I was a child and she has been using it ever since)
If you are a fan of whoopie pies, like me, but not a fan of making them, then you are going to love this recipe. This Chocolate Whoopie Pie Cake is so easy to make and only bakes for about 15 minutes. The hardest part about making one of these cakes is flipping the one cake on top of the other. You have to wait until both cakes are cooled then spread the icing on one cake and flip the other cake evenly on top. It can be a little tricky! I usually say a prayer before doing this. It’s my whoopie pie cake prayer 😉
As a child, I remember my mom making this Chocolate Whoopie Pie Cake often, it was a family favorite. She told me that she wrote the recipe down from an old church cookbook years ago, so we are uncertain who this recipe belongs to. I remember her taking this chocolate whoopie pie cake to picnics and family gatherings and she almost always came home with an empty pan.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Chocolate Whoopie Pie Cake as much as my family and I do. If you decide to make this Chocolate Whoopie Pie Cake I would love to hear back from you! You can leave a comment here on the blog or message me through social media. I am currently on these outlets: Facebook, twitter, pinterest, and instagram.
For more delicious cake recipes from Burlap Kitchen check these out: Orange Chiffon Cake ( recipe from the 1940’s), Nana’s Chocolate Pound Cake, Chocolate Banana Loaf Cake, Strawberry Crunch Cake Pound Cake,.
Peppermint Iced Tea Slushies
Christmas is my favorite holiday. I am the annoying friend that is constantly making facebook posts about how many Fridays are left until Christmas day ( 24 by the way 😉 ) So when July came rolling in I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon with an amazing Christmas in July recipe. Recently, my family and I took a trip to Knoebels Amusement Park, and while there, I indulged in an iced tea slushie. I had them before, but for some reason, on that particular day, it tasted amazing! Maybe it was the heat or maybe it had just been freshly brewed, either way, it left my tastebuds wanting more. I knew I had to recreate this slushie using my own iced tea recipe and luckily I found an unopened box of leftover candy canes in my pantry. I served these Peppermint Iced Tea Slushies at my fourth of July gathering and they were a huge hit! Everyone loved them! This year, after Christmas, when the candy canes go on sale, I will be stocking up for next summer.
I want to make a note that you could certainly use peppermint schnapps in this recipe. Because I am not a heavy drinker I am uncertain on how much peppermint schnapps should be used per drink. However, I do not think it would be difficult to figure out. If you decide to make this an alcoholic drink I would love to hear how much schnapps you used and how it turned out.
40 Strawberry Recipes to try this Summer!
Here are 40 fun Strawberry Recipes to get you through this summer!
1. Strawberry Sundae Yogurt Pops – Two Healthy Kitchens
2. Stuffed French Toast Breakfast Casserole w/ Strawberries & Cream topping – Two Healthy Kitchens
3. Strawberry Pound Cake – Couponing for 4
4. Strawberry Shortcake Pie – Beauty through Imperfection
5. Strawberries and Cream Shake – Simplee Thrifty
6. Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Mascarpone Frosting – Living Sweet Moments
7. Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats – Living Sweet Moments
8. Southern Strawberry Sweet Iced Tea – Cincy Shopper
9. Strawberry Sauce – Cincy Shopper
10. Strawberry Shortcake pops – Life is Poppin’
11. Fresh Strawberries and Creme Crepes – The Good Hearted Woman
12. Strawberry Shortcake Macaroons – A Few Short Cuts
13. Strawberry Shortcake Cookies – A Few Short Cuts
14. Strawberry Pancakes w/ Cream Cheese Glaze – Thrifty Jinxy
15. Strawberry Lemonade Pie – The Harris Teeter Deals
16. Frozen Mint Strawberry Pies – Creative Southern Home
17. Strawberry Roll – Creative Southern Home
18. Strawberry Apple Smoothie – Ann’s Entitled Life
19. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats – Organize Yourself Skinny
20. Strawberry Orange Ginger Fizz – The Calculated Whisk
21. Mocha Ricotta Pie w/ Strawberries – The Calculated Whisk
22. Easy Strawberry Freezer Jam – Real Life at Home
23. No Bake Strawberry Cheese Cake – Real Life at Home
24. Strawberry Nutella French Toast – Kitchen Sanctuary
25. Strawberry Oatmeal Bars – Saving Dollars & Sense
26. Strawberry Salsa w/ Hatch Chiles – Farm Fresh Feasts
27. Strawberry Brown Sugar & Sour Cream Whole Grain Muffins – Farm Fresh Feasts
28. Strawberries and Cream Smoothie – “Cents” able Momma
29. Simple Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie – Eat. Thrive. Glow.
30. Oatmeal Cream Pie Kabobs – This Momma Loves
31. Strawberry Fluff Salad – Daily Leisure
32. Strawberry Mint & Lemon Sparkling Water – Budget Savy Diva
33. 4 Ingredient Chilled Strawberry Soup – Thrifty T’s Treasures
34. Strawberry Bread – Chaos is Bliss
35. Strawberry Lemonade Recipe – Thrifty NW Mom
36. Strawberry Blueberry Crumb Muffins – The Shady Lane
37. Strawberry Mocha Granola – Strength & Sunshine
38. Strawberry Poke Cake – The Baking Beauty
39. Amazing Strawberry Sorbet recipe – Andrea’s Notes
40. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muffins – Andrea’s Notes
(Cake Box Recipe) S’mores Bundt Cake
Cake box recipes are so fun! I love them and I make a lot of them. My (Cake Box Recipe) S’mores Bundt cake is super easy to make. It tastes just as fantastic as it looks! It is a moist and fluffy cake topped to resemble an S’more. And you will love the simplicity of this recipe. I think the hardest part was making the ganache, and if you have ever made ganache, you know that’s a cinch. Basically, it is just equal parts of cream and chocolate, easy peasy. Your guests will seriously think you spent all day in the kitchen. And I wouldn’t tell them any differently, what they don’t know won’t hurt them right? 😉
My favorite part about this cake is using the kitchen torch. If you do not own one of these you need to! I bought mine at a kitchen store for about $12 and it was the best $12 I ever spent =P . There are so many cool recipes you can make when you own one of these. I have yet to make a creme brulee but it is next on the list. Not to mention I can have a toasted marshmallow anytime I want! haha
Tip – When putting on the marshmallow fluff, take spoonfuls and plop them all around the top of the cake, then use the back of the spoon to smooth it together. Let the cake sit for about 10 minutes and you will see the marshmallow fluff begin to run down the sides of the cake. It’s so easy to do and makes the cake look so elegant.
Mom’s Fruit Salad Recipe
My Mom’s Fruit Salad Recipe is the perfect recipe for all your summer gatherings. My mom makes this a lot in the summer and I can see why! It only takes about 5 minutes to whip up and is also budget friendly. Plus the only dishes you will dirty is the bowl you use, a knife, and a spoon, so the clean up is a breeze. Who wants to be standing in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove and a sink full of dishes in the summer anyways? Not me, that’s for sure!
2 – ( 29 oz) Cans Fruit Cocktail
2 – ( 15 oz) cans mandarin oranges
1 – jar Maraschino Cherries
1 – ( 15.5 oz) container strawberries with syrup ( or sugar), Thawed
2 – Ripe Bananas
Pour all ingredients ( entire cans, juice and all) , except bananas, in a large serving bowl and gently mix. When ready to serve, slice bananas and add them to the fruit salad. Store in the Refridgerator.
*If you can not find Strawberries with syrup or sugar – Buy a bag of frozen strawberries and sprinkle them with sugar and let them thaw in the fridge overnight. They should make their own syrup that way.
Click her for another great recipe from my Mom – Moms Macaroni Salad
Want some quick meal ideas for this summer? Why not try one of these 20 delicious Summer sandwich recipes? They all look so amazing I have no idea how I will … [read more]