Bird Seed Wreath
You are going to love how easy this DIY Bird Seed Wreath is to make! Not only is it easy but it’s also an inexpensive way to spruce up the backyard. I just put my wreath out today so the birds are still a little wary of it. As soon as they get comfortable with it I will be sure to post more pictures.
- 1 – 8 Inch grapevine wreath
- A few sprigs of fake flowers ( Bright red & pink seem to attract hummingbirds!)
- Ribbon of your choice
- Wooden Tag ( you can get these in the craft section at Walmart for .98¢)
- Floral wire
- wire cutters ( for the fake flowers)
- Peanut butter
Step 1: Cut a few sprigs of flowers and wire them to one side of the wreath using floral wire.
Step 2: Paint wooden tag as desired and tie it onto the wreath using ribbon.
How to achieve this Wooden Tag look:
- spray paint teal
- Using a white marker, write Bird Seed 5¢ OR use a Circuit to create this look or a design of your own.
- Use a light grit sandpaper to rough the edges
- Dip the edge of an old rag in stain and quickly wipe on and off the tag.
Step 4: Use a knife or spoon to spread peanut butter on one side of the wreath. I found that a spoon works the best. Next, pour the birdseed over the peanut butter. The best way to do this is to put the bird seed in a cheap foil pie pan and sprinkle it on the wreath. This keeps all the mess in the pie pan and makes for an easy cleanup!
And it’s as simple as that! Enjoy watching the birds nibble away at their new treat!