Empty creamer bottle Angel
You will have so much fun making this Empty creamer bottle Angel! I love how rustic this turned out! I think these would make cute gifts and they would cost you next to nothing to make them! Let me show you how:
- Empty bottle of coffee creamer – Washed and dried
- Drop cloth
- Foam ball ( You may be able to find these at Dollar Tree)
- Funnel or makeshift paper funnel
- Corrugated cardboard ( You can make this by running cardboard under hot water for a few seconds. Let it set for a minute or two and then the top layer of cardboard should peel right off. Allow to dry.)
- White paint (or whatever color you want for the wings)
- Antique wax (If you are going for the rusty look)
- paint brushes
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- spanish moss
- wired twine ( I think a silver or gold pipe cleaner would look cute, too!)
- Fabric marker (optional)
Step 1: Using a clean, dry bottle take off the lid and discard. Stick a funnel in the opening and add some rice or beans to add a little weight to this project. Tape the opening up well so rice doesn’t fall out.
Step 2: Wrap the bottle with drop cloth and tie off at the neck of the bottle. Once it is secure you can pull the material up some to get it to look the way you want. You may need to add another piece of twine to make sure its extra tight. Having someone tie the twine on while you hold it in place would be extra helpful! Trim the top.
Step 4: Hot glue the head onto the body. Play around with this a little before glueing so you can get it to look cute. I was going for a very messy/rustic look with mine. You can trim as needed but I would hold it over the body before doing any trimming.
Step 5: Cut two wings out of the corrugated cardboard. If you are not good at drawing, see if you can find a free pattern online!
Step 6: Dry brush the wings with white paint. Once the white paint is dry, brush on some antique wax.. this will make it look rustic.
Step 7: Hot glue the wings to the back of the Angel. Make sure to hold them in place before gluing. This way you are sure to get them where you want.
Step 8: Tie a raffia bow around the neck of the Angel.
Step 9: Make a little halo out of the wired twine and stick it into the back of the Angels head. Hot glue where your inserted it for extra security.
Step 10: Hot glue Spanish moss to the top of the Angels head.
Step 11: IF you are artistic you could draw a cute face on the Angel with a black fabric marker. I am not, so I just left it as is.
If you decide to make this DIY I’d love to hear from ya! You can drop a comment below or message me on any of my social media pages. Hope you have a blessed weekend and as always remember to keep it simple. Catch ya next week my friends! Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, youtube