I see so many people posting their New Year’s goals and I think that’s awesome! They sound something like.. Read the Bible more, lose some weight, save money, get organized, quit eating out so much, less screen time,Etc.
While I think these are all great ideas, I want to remind you that it’s ok to have ugly goals, too. I call them ugly goals because these are the goals we are ashamed to talk about. These are the goals the internet keyboard warriors would have a hay day with. These are the goals that even though we are scared to mention them, for fear they may injure our egos, are so important to our personal growth. These goals look a little more like this..
– This year I plan to stop gossiping
– This year I plan to work on my attitude towards my spouse/Mother/ Father/kids/ Co workers
– This year I plan to to pick up the Bible instead of potato chips when I’m feeling depressed.
– This year I plan to stop shutting down when things get tough and start asking the holy spirit for wisdom.
– This year I plan to root up that ugly spirit of jealousy/ anger/ narcissism and replace it with the fruits of the spirit.
– This year I plan stop holding a grudge over silly things.
– This year I plan to say sorry first regardless of who was right.
– This year I plan to own up to my mistakes instead of placing blame.
I just think that so many times we are afraid to admit these types of goals out of fear of what other people will think. How about we let that one go this year, too! The Bible says we should take no part in these evil works, but instead expose them (Ephesians 5:11). When we expose them they lose their power over us.
Let’s grab hold of the hand of Jesus and let Him walk us through this not so easy journey. Im rooting for you, Friend!
You can get the adorable cardigan that I am wearing here on may affiliate link – CARDIGAN This cardigan is so comfortable and runs pretty true to size.