Cream Cheese,Garlic, & Veggie Bagel Spread
Cream Cheese, Garlic, & Veggie Bagel Spread
My sister and I love going to Lewisburg, PA when we get the chance. Lewisburg is home to Bucknell University, so it’s a cute little college town! One of our favorite places to visit is a little bagel shop. This bagel shop makes the most amazing bagel spreads. They have everything from sweet Oreo cookie spread to a more savory vegetable spread. I recently tried the vegetable spread and fell in love! I knew I needed to recreate the recipe and that’s exactly what I did! In my opinion, it’s even better than the bagel shop. Not only is it delicious, but it has a super yummy superfood blend in it. That totally cancels out the fatty cream cheese and carb-filled bagels, right? So, not only does this taste good, but it’s sort of good for you due to the superfood blend.
This spread has become a staple in our home. My husband has been asking me to make it constantly. Thankfully, it’s super easy to make so I don’t mind. And, if I’m being honest, I’ve been craving it just as much as he has! Plus, I like that I can make a batch of it at the beginning of the week and have breakfast all week for everyone. At this point, we might have to buy some stock in a bagel company. It’s so good that we’ve been eating it for both breakfast and late night snacks! I will warn you though – this cream cheese will give you some wicked breath! You might need to brush your teeth directly afterward! The other downside to this recipe is that since it’s so amazing, my husband is constantly toasting bagels. That means that he’s also messing with the toaster dial! There are two things that are totally non-negotiable in a marriage – no touching the toaster dial, and no touching the thermostat! That may have even been in my wedding vows! Just kidding!
I hope that you enjoy this delicious blend of cream cheeses, superfood, and garlic!
Not only is it delicious, but it has a super yummy superfood blend in it. That totally cancels out the fatty cream cheese and carb-filled bagels, right? So, not only does this taste good, but it's sort of good for you due to the superfood blend.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 1 Cup Super-food blend (we use Market Side brand which has brussel sprouts, napa cabbage, kohlrabi broccoli, carrots & kale.)
- 1/4 Large Red Pepper (rinsed, seeded & cut into strips to help the blender)
- 1 1/2 tsp. green onion (thinly sliced to blend easier)
- 1 garlic clove chopped ( you can use less but we LOVE garlic)
- 2 twists Pink Himalayan Sea Salt ( you can use regular but I highly recommend the Pink Himalayan)
- 2 dashes pepper
- 1 block (8 oz.) of room temperature cream cheese
- Bagels I recommend plain or everything bagels
- Add all ingredients except for cream cheese to the blender. Blend well until everything is chopped down to about the same size. You don't want to over blend. Add blended ingredients to a bowl and use an electric mixer to fold in cream cheese.
Additionally, I do not recommend adding the cream cheese into the ninja or it becomes more like a dip than a spread.
(Ninja is a food processor, blenders are typically used for liquids. But, this recipe would most likely work in a blender as well)