Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– In a medium sized frying pan saute onions over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of butter.
– Once onions are caramelized add roast beef and stir.
– Next add 1/2 cup of water and entire packet of Ajus, stir and cook till it starts to boil. Once it starts to boil turn burner off and sit the mixture aside to cool (Do not leave the mixture on the hot burner you just turned off, sit it on a cool burner or on a pot holder on the counter.)
– In a separate, small, oven proof bowl (about 1 qt. in size) add sour cream, mayo, and cheese (save about 1 hand full of each type of cheese to top the dip with), mix well.
– When the onion beef mixture has cooled add it to the heat proof bowl with the mayo and sour cream mixture, mix well.
– Bake at 350 for 15 minutes then take it out and stir, bake an additional 10 minutes take out and stir.
– Add the rest of cheese to the top. bake for 5 minutes then turn on the broiler and broil the top of the cheese so it gets nice and brown.
– Serve with crackers, chips, or bread for dipping