I am so in love with this recipe. If you are a peanut butter fan, like me, then you will love this recipe too. These treats are crunchy, ooey gooey, and loaded with peanut butter goodness. I ate an entire row of these babies by myself yesterday… that’s when I decided I needed to get them out of the house before one row became two, then three, then the entire pan. I decided the best thing to do was to take them over to my neighbor’s house. They were having a small pool party, perfect way to get this pan of ooey, gooey, goodness out of the house.
I ate an entire row of these babies by myself yesterday… that’s when I decided I needed to get them out of the house before one row became two, then three, then the entire pan. I decided the best thing to do was to take them over to my neighbors house. They were having a small pool party; a perfect way to get this pan of ooey gooey goodness out of my house. They were a hit! My neighbors loved them and told me they didn’t last long. SCORE! =)
Peanut Butter Lovers Crispy Treats
4 Cups mini marshmallows
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
6 & 1/2 cups peanut butter puff cereal ( I used Reese peanut butter puffs)
1 – (4 oz) box of chocolate peanut butter candies ( I used Reese pieces. I bought one of the $1 boxes)
1/2 Cup peanut butter
1/2 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Take a stick of butter and peel the paper back. Rub the butter all over the bottom and sides of a 13 X 9 cake pan and the end of a second wooden spoon. Set both aside
- Get another wooden spoon; in a large saucepan, over medium/low heat, melt 1/2 stick of butter.
- Once the butter has melted add 4 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir until butter and marshmallow melt together.
- stir in 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Add 6 & 1/2 cups of peanut butter puff cereal to the melted butter and marshmallow, mix with a wooden spoon until all the cereal is coated in the melted butter/marshmallow sauce.
- wait 5 -7 minutes, until slightly cool.
- Add the entire box of peanut butter candies to the crispy treats, RESERVING 1/4 cup for the top. Gently mix the candies into the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Switch to your buttered wooden spoon and scrape the crispy treats out of the saucepan and into a cake pan. Use your buttered wooden spoon to press them evenly in the pan.
- Once crispy treats have been pressed into the cake pan, put 1/2 Cup of peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds, or until the peanut butter has melted ( do this in 15 second intervals)
- pour the melted peanut butter in a zig-zag shape over the top of crispy treats.
- Now do the same thing with the chocolate. Put 1/2 cup chocolate in a microwavable- safe bowl and microwave 15 seconds at a time, until chocolate is melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate in a zig-zag shape over the top of the crispy treats.
- sprinkle with 1/4 cup of reserved chocolate peanut butter candies
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until the melted peanut butter and chocolate are set.
- store in fridge or in a cool room
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. This post does, however, contain ads that I will receive commission for if clicked. This post may also include affiliate links. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”