Oven roasted Chicken Club on a Bagel
Brain Storming with Mom
If you read last weeks DIY post how to dye coffee filters, you know this months recipes will be all about sandwiches. Because baseball season’s upon us I wanted to focus on meals that were quick and easy. Sandwiches seemed to be the perfect fit. Although, I didn’t want your basic grilled cheese or Sweet Lebanon bologna with mustard and chips ( yes, that’s a thing here in PA). So I went to my moms and we came up with some pretty stellar ideas. Starting with this Oven Roasted Chicken Club on a Bagel. I explained to my mom that I had to have at least one bagel sandwich on the blog this month. There is just something about loading a bagels with lunch meats, cheeses, and sandwich toppings that I just absolutely LOVE!
Oven Roasted Chicken Club Sandwich on a bagel *(cool ranch)
This entire sandwich is just one huge flavor bomb that which will leave your taste buds begging for more. The bottom half of the bagel is smothered with roasted red paper hummus, which leaves just the right amount of bite. A little spice but not too much. This sandwich is stuffed with all kinds of goodies such as Chicken lunch meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and bacon. We then decided it needed a big glob of one of our all time favorite dips on the top, spicy ranch dip. Adding the dip just adds a notably cool element to the sandwich that was much needed. This sandwich is definitely a keeper and I will be making it over, and over, and over again.
* If you try this sandwich I’d love to hear your thoughts! Stay tuned for next weeks sandwich, it’s another keeper, I promise 😉
|Prep Time||10-15 minutes|
- 4 bagels (toasted)
- 4 Table spoons Roasted Red pepper hummus
- 1 pound Oven Roasted Chicken breast (sliced thin at the deli)
- 4 slices Colby Jack Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 slices bacon ( I won't judge if you use more 😉 )
- 1 packet Spicy Ranch
- 16 oz. sour cream (this is needed to make the spicy ranch)
- Toast bagels. Spread roasted red pepper hummus on the bottom half of the bagel. In this order add Oven roasted Chicken lunch meat, Cheese, Lettuce, tomato, onion, & bacon. Spread top half of bagel with spicy ranch dip. * To make spicy ranch dip follow instructions on the back of the packet.