Uncle Chuck’s Hash Brown Casserole
Today I am sharing with you my brother’s recipe for hash brown casserole. He can cook, too! It kinda runs in the family. Although, he know’s I am the BETTER cook! (haha) But honestly my brother is such a great guy; I can always count on him. I always tell people he is my toughest critic; mainly because he is honest… brutally honest. If I want to know the truth about one of my recipes I just make it for him. Do you want to know how I have coded how good a recipe is when letting him taste it? Well… I am going to tell you anyway =p Here it is: 1.) Takes a bite, says “eww” – I know now this recipe is no good. 2.) takes a bite looks at me then goes in the room to continue eating – That means it’s good but could use a little tweaking. 3.) Takes a bit looks at me nods his head in approval and says “it’s good” then sometime in the week to follow he will ask when I am making that particular dish again- This means it is Fan- Freaking-tastic… I nailed it!
1 (30 oz ) bag frozen hash browns
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken
1/2 stick of butter (melted)
4-5 slices of bacon (fried and crumbled)
1 – 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese ( I use mild)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Pour frozen hash browns in a greased 13 X 9 cake pan and spread them out evenly. Pour half a stick of melted butter evenly over the frozen hash browns.
Next use a spatula and spread the cream of chicken soup over the hash browns (like you are icing a cake).
Sprinkle with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
Bake un-covered for 45-50 minutes or until the hash browns are soft and the cheese is browned.
p.s. Don’t look at the little bite missing from the corner… Oops! LOL
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. This post does, however, contain ads that I will receive comission for if clicked. This post may also include affiliate links. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||45-50 minutes|
- 1 (30 oz) Bag Frozen Hash Browns
- 1 ( 10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 stick butter (melted)
- 4-5 slices bacon (fried and crumbled)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ( I used mild)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Pour frozen hash browns in a greased 13 X 9 cake pan and spread them out evenly. Pour half a stick of melted butter evenly over the frozen hash browns. Next use a spatula and spread the cream of chicken soup over the hash browns (like you are icing a cake). Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese. Bake un-covered for 45-50 minutes or until the hash browns are soft and the cheese is browned.