These little luminaries are easy to make and they look beautiful, no one will believe they were once toilet paper rolls! Here is a step by step guide of how I made them. =)
What you will need:
* Empty toilet paper rolls
* Light blue and white paint ( I got mine at walmart in the craft section for .50 cents )
* White glitter ( I think white looks the best)
* Snow Flake punch ( I purchased mine from Michael’s)
* 2 Foam brushes
* Old news papers to work on
* Mini Tea Lights , the kind that are battery operated ( I bought mine at the dollar tree, DO NOT USE ANYTHING WITH A FLAME)
* Tooth pick ( you may or may not need this, I used it to get excess paint out of the punched snowflake.)
Step 1 :
First use your snowflake punch and punch snowflakes all around the top and bottom of the toilet paper roll. Try to make them as evenly spaced as possible. Save the snow flakes that you punched… you will use them later.
Step 2 :
Paint the toilet paper roll either blue or white (which ever you choose). I had to do 2 coats of paint. While paint is wet move on to step 3.
Step 3 :
While paint is wet sprinkle with glitter.
Step 4 :
Paint the snowflake you saved the opposite color of the toilet paper roll. While paint is wet move to step 5
Step 5 :
Sprinkle snowflakes with glitter while still wet… Let dry
Step 6 :
Dab the back of the snowflakes with glue and place them randomly around the toilet paper tube.
Once everything is dry place mini tea lights inside, ( DO NOT USE ANYTHING WITH A FLAME!!) the kind that are battery operated ( I bought mine at the dollar tree).
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. This post does, however, contain ads that I will receive comission for if clicked. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”